Monday, November 18, 2013

Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice

I LOVE this recipe. Its easy, cheap, and so yummy. I probably make it twice a month. It makes enough for a couple of days and who doesn't love left overs!? And my kids eat it so that's an A+ in my book. Here is what you will need:

Crock pot
1/2 white onion chopped
3 chicken breasts
1 can of cream of chicken 
1 box of Zatarain's yellow rice 
1 1/2 c grated cheddar cheese
2 cups frozen peas
2 cups frozen corn (corn not pictured because it was still at staters brothers waiting for me to buy!)





Trim fat off chicken (some people are super weirdos about there being any fat on their meat.... people like me... I cant stand chewing fat. Makes me want to gag). 


Place chicken on the bottom of the crock pot

"Sprinkle" chopped onion on top of the chicken

 
Now, I realize that I dont need to show you this many step by step pictures but I happened to take a lot of pictures while preparing this so, by golly, I'm going to make you look at them all!

Pour and spread 1 can of cream of chicken over the chicken and onions. 


Set crock pot to high and cook for 3 1/2 hours. Take this time to read a book, clean, watch your favorite movie, nap, or do whatever it is you do. 

After 3 1/2 hours, cook the yellow rice as directed on the box. Place rice, cheese, peas, and corn in the crock pot. See how pretty it looks!? You're doing a GREAT job! 


The beautiful frozen corn I bought at stater brothers made an appearance in this meal. 

When you have added all of the ingredients, mix them together with tongs. The chicken will literally fall apart like butter when you are mixing. I like to let it sit in the crock pot for another 30 minutes. 


This is the amazingness that awaits you. 


SOOO YUMMY! Of course I have to eat this meal with Hawaiian rolls. And yes, there is a bite taken out of one of the rolls and I tried to hide it. I couldn't help myself, I have to take a bite.

1 comment:

  1. this looks good! featuring it on my blog today. love you!

    ReplyDelete