Monday, November 25, 2013

Breakfast Biscuits

I grew up eating these biscuits. My father would make them on the weekends and it was almost impossible to wait for them to finish baking in the toaster oven. 

Here is what you will need:

3 cups flour
1 tbsp sugar 
1 tbsp baking powder 
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cream of tartar 
3/4 c butter 
1 c milk 

 
Preheat oven to 450. 
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. 
Cut the butter into the dry ingredients. I use either two knives or two forks. I didn't grow up with the "fancy" kitchen tool that should probably be used for this step so I still do it old school. Cut until mixture resembles crumbles. 

 Make a well in the center of the mixture. Add milk and stir with a fork just until moistened. 
Sometimes I have to a add a dash of milk more. Use a fork and stir until mixture is moistened.


Lightly flour a surface and turn dough out onto it. knead the dough and pat or roll out. 



Use any kind of cutter you want. I think my dad always used a shot glass. I use little containers that I have for condiments. Cut out your biscuits. 



Look at the beautiful angle of this picture. Who needs a fancy camera when you have and iPhone? 

Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12 min or until golden brown. 


BAM! Golden. 

Here's the part I always liked as a kid. We would get all the goodies out of the fridge to top our biscuits. Honey, butter, jams and jellies. I'm a lover of Knott's Boysenberry jam.

 
This is super cheap, easy, and fast which is always what I look for in a recipe.

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment