Friday, November 29, 2013

Chunky Taters

I don't know about you, but I prefer my mashed potatoes to be chunky, not the consistency of baby food. I never really make mashed potatoes but when I recently did, my husband loved them.

Here is what you will need:

Yellow potatoes  (7 was more than enough for my family of 4 and we had leftovers)
Pepper to taste
Garlic Salt to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese to taste (Not the fancy fresh stuff, the ghetto stuff in the can cause that's how I roll)
1/4 milk (any kind)
6 tablespoons of butter (Does that sound like too much butter to you? Then you need to leave this page immediately)

 

Awe. Look at the beautiful golden taters. Rinse them off and don't worry about not getting ALL of the dirt off. I believe a famous philanthropists once said "God made dirt and dirt don't hurt."  Okay people, time to chop those potatoes. Legend has it, they cook faster when you do this. 


All chopped. Good job. And for those of you who are worried about the potatoes, don't worry, they didn't feel a thing.

Boil the potatoes in water until you can "stick a fork in it." Then add pepper, garlic salt, parmesan cheese, milk, and butter. 

I like to mash with a whisk instead of a potato masher. That way I will still have chunks of potatoes. 


You may need to add a little more milk. 
This is the time where you get to taste test your taters. Try saying that 17 times. 
Its hard to write down recipes for some of the food I make because it all depends on how much seasoning one likes. So try your taters and decide if you need to add more of something. 
Side Note: you can never add too much cheese! 


Here is my finished product. Its times like these I wish I had a fancy camera and amazing lighting, but I don't. These are super yummy, easy to make, and of course, cheap! 



Psssst! If you like this post, follow my blog! I have no shame.... 

1 comment: