Monday, November 18, 2013

Easy Apple Pie for the baking challenged

Apple Pie is my favorite and its super easy to make. But I know of some friends that are "baking challenged" so I decided to put this super easy recipe on my blog for those who need a little help. Here is what you will need:

7-9 granny smith apples
3/4 cup sugar 
2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg 
1 tsp vanilla 
addition 2 tbsp sugar 
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 cap full of milk 
Pre made pie crust (im a cheater. I cant make my own crust. Aint nobody got time for that!) 



Aren't the apples pretty!? I love green. Lets just take a moment to look at them..... OK, moment over.

Peel all the apples. I peel them into the bag the apples came in.


Naked apples! 
 

I then cut the apples into thin slices. I prefer thin slices over chunks but you can do what you want. 


Put all the apples slices into a large bowl. Add sugar, flour, cinnamon (1/2 tsp), nutmeg, and vanilla. The recipe I have always used doesn't call for vanilla but I tried it with this pie and loved it. Gently toss together until coated. 


Now for the tricky part. Open pie crust box and remove crust. 


Hard part over. You did great. 

Place one crust in bottom of pie dish. 


Place apple filling is dish. 


Cover with second pie crust and carve a big S in it for Seitz.... or what ever design u want to do. But at least poke a few holes in the crust so the pie can "breath".


Mix 2 tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Take the cap from your milk and fill it with milk. If your milk doesnt have a cap then measure about 2 tsp of milk. Cover pie crust with the milk then sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mix. 


-


Place foil around the outside of the pie. This will keep the edges of the pie from burning. 


Bake pie at 375 for 40 min. Take the foil off and bake for an additional 20 min. 

Let pie cool for an hour. 


DElicious! 

Try not to eat the whole pie in one sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment