Thursday, May 1, 2014

Avocado Egg Salad

THIS, my friends, is one tasty snack. I was looking for something different to make that was healthy and somewhat cheap. This snack fits the bill. Here is what you'll need:

2 tbsp lemon juice
5-6 hard boiled eggs (chilled) 
onions
cilantro
pepper
salt or garlic salt
2 ripe avocados 
1 tbsp mustard (not pictured because it doesn't like to be photographed..... i used honey Dijon) 


Peel avocados and mash them in a bowl


Dice the eggs, onion and cilantro then add it to the bowl along with the salt and pepper (to taste), lemon juice and mustard. 


I didn't add measurements for some of the ingredients because it really just depends on how much you like. 

Mix it up til its pretty 


Spread it on your favorite bread and enjoy!! 


I use an organic multi grain bread that is sweetened with honey. Its the bomb diggity. AND I toast it first. YUMMMM....

No comments:

Post a Comment