Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentines

I was so excited to put together Valentines for Brody's Kindergarten class. I wanted to do something other than candy so of course I turned to Pinterest. Here is what I did.

I took red paper and cut it into small cards 


 Then I simply wrote a silly Valentine "You're all that and a bag of chips!" 
 

 Staple it to a bag of chips and BAM you got yourself a  Valentine. 
 

Brody was NOT happy about this being his Valentine to give to the class. He wanted to give candy. I assured him that this was a great gift. I tried to explain to him why the card was funny but he didn't understand. His older friend Emilee explained to him "Brody this is really funny! Last year, a kid gave us toothbrushes, you DONT want to be that guy. You're the chip guy! That's awesome!" He still wasnt convinced. Then when he handed them out in class a few kids told him it was cool so he was finally happy about it.


1 comment:

  1. My kids hated the valentines I made for them to hand out also, until their friends liked them. So funny.

    ReplyDelete